9th Annual MENDing Poverty Conference
How do affordable housing and health neighborhoods– including services from many nonprofit poverty agencies – fit together? Come to find out by joining us for the ninth annual MENDing Poverty Conference on Wednesday, June 8, 2016 from 8 am – 2 pm.
Our dynamic opening keynote speaker will be Mercedes Marquez, former Assistant Secretary in the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, and former General Manager of the LA Housing Department. Ms. Marquez will provide a national perspective on affordable housing in the context of healthy neighborhoods. Rushmore Cervantes, the current General Manager of the LA Housing and Community Investment Department, will complement her presentation during the luncheon plenary by sharing his vision and expertise on housing strategies and perspectives in our region.
Trent Stamp, President and CEO of The Eisner Foundation, will deliver an opening welcome.
This year’s event will include concurrent workshops, each with an outstanding panel of speakers, on three key issues:
- What’s the Housing Mix in Your Neighborhood? Housing 101
- Who is Your Best Advocate? Engaging Clients in Public Policy
- What Does Stable Housing Look Like? Models and Resources for Housing Stability
Registration fee, including breakfast and lunch, is $99 through Fri, May 27 and $119 thereafter.
The event is co-hosted by MEND and Valley Nonprofit Resources, and will be held at the MEND Center, 10641 N. San Fernando Road, Pacoima, CA 91331.
Conference sponsors include:
- The California Wellness Foundation
- Kaiser Permanente
- Wells Fargo
- The California Endowment
- LA Care
- Agora Realty
- Councilmember Felipe Fuentes
- Habitat for Humanity San Fernando/Santa Clarita Valleys
- Supervisor Sheila Kuehl
- LA Family Housing Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County
- New Capital LLC
- Thomas Safran and Associates
- Union Bank
Although online registration is now closed, there are still openings for the conference. Same day registration will be available at MEND.
Note registration begins at 8:00am-9:00am.