10th Annual MENDing Poverty Conference
Please join us for our 10th Annual MENDing Poverty Conference on Wednesday, June 7, 2017 from 8AM to 2PM.
This conference will feature as opening speakers three generations of the family of philanthropist and legendary entertainer Lawrence Welk – his daughter Shirley Welk Fredericks, her daughter Lisa Parker (president of Lawrence Welk Family Foundation), and Lisa’s daughter Gillian Parker (Welk junior board member and advisory board member of Lady Gaga Foundation). Luncheon keynote speakers will be Joe Sanberg, Aspiration & Golden State Opportunity Foundation (whose philanthropy helped implement the California Earned Income Tax Credit), and Natalie Foster discussing the national, philanthropy-driven Economic Security Project.
This year’s event will include three concurrent breakout workshops on three topics:
- Making Big Change in Nonprofits: The Change Capital Project
- How Motivations for Giving Are Different generations
- How Advisors to the Wealthy Can Help Your Nonprofit Connect
Registration fee, including breakfast and lunch, is $99 through Monday, May 29, 2017 and $119 thereafter.
The event is co-hosted by MEND and Valley Nonprofit Resources, and will be held at the MEND Center, 10641 N. San Fernando Road, Pacoima, CA 91331.
The 10th Annual MENDing Poverty Conference is sponsored by:
- Association of Fundraising Professionals – San Fernando Valley
- David Bohnett Foundation
- California Community Foundation
- Child & Family Guidance Center
- Child Care Resource Center
- Community Foundation of the Valleys
- El Nido Family Centers
- Habitat for Humanity SF/SCV
- Kaiser Permanente
- LA Family Housing
- Landegger Baron Law Group, ALC.
- Office of Councilmember Bob Blumenfield
- Office of Supervisor Sheila Kuehl
- Neighborhood Legal Services
- Ralph M. Parsons Foundation
- The California Endowment
- The California Wellness Foundation
- Wells Fargo
- Youth Policy Institute