- September Services Calendar (PDF)
- Program Events Master Calendar for 2016 (PDF)
- Community Resource List (PDF)
MEND Center Hours
Tues. – Fri. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sat. Front desk 9 a.m. to 12 noon;
food donations accepted until 4 pm in the back of the building
clothing donations accepted until 5 pm Tuesday to Friday and until 12 pm on Saturdays
Tuesday: (Homeless services only) Breakfast 8:00- 10:00am, Lunch 11am – 1:30pm
Thursday: Breakfast 8:30–10:30 am, Lunch 11am–1:30pm
Friday: Breakfast 8:30–10:30 am, Lunch 11am – 1:30pm
Food Box Distribution:
Tuesday: (Homeless Services Only) 8:00am – 3:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 2:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 2:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am – Noon
Check with information desk for details. (Please bring your own shopping bags.)
Homeless Meal and Food Box Distribution:
Tuesday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
Satellite Food Banks:
Our Lady of Peace in North Hills
- 2nd & 4th Friday per month; 9AM – 11AM
St. Didacus Church in Sylmar
- 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month; 8AM – 10AM
Gratefully accepted at the MEND Center
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 8:00am – 4:00pm
For general inquiries on client services, please contact 818.686.7300
Food Justice and Sustainability Director
Food Packing Manager
Jesus de Santiago
Donation Pick-up Driver
General Hours of Operation
Tuesday – Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
Clothing Registration Hours
Tuesday – Friday: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm (Except Wed)
Saturday: 9:00 am – 11:00 am
Clothing Distribution Hours
Tuesday: 8 am – 2:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am – 1:30 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 1:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am – 11:30 am
For information on how to donate new and gently used clothing and household goods to the Clothing Center, please visit the Clothing Donations Accepted page.
- Due to special events, distribution days may change on Saturdays. Please call in advance to ensure we are open on this day.
- A donation of $5.00 is requested
- Please bring a picture ID (with proof of current address if ID address is not current)
- Clients can receive assistance once every 30 days (once monthly only).
- For more information please contact Veronica Soto at 818-686-7328 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments MUST be made in person at the MEND Medical Clinic Tuesday through Friday 8 am – 5 pm
Wednesday: 9 am – noon
Thursday: 3 – 7 pm
First & third Friday of month: 1 – 5 pm
Second Saturday of month: 9 am – noon
First & third Wednesday: 3 – 7 pm
Second Wednesday: 8 am – noon
First & third Tuesday: 1 – 5 pm
First & third Tuesday: 9 am – noon
Thursday: 10:30 – 11:30 am
Tuesday: 2 – 5 pm
Adult Peer Counseling:
Wednesday: 12-3 pm
Thursday: 12-3 pm
Fitness and Exercise:
Thursday: 9:30 am, Health Education Room
Tuesday and Thursday: 11:00 am, Health Education Room
Eye Care Clinic:
Days & times vary;
Wednesday: 9 am – 5 pm
Thursday: 8 am – 5 pm
Plus other Tuesdays and Fridays. Call for dates.
- Clinic schedule varies. Dental registration is held Tuesday to Friday from 9 am – 12 pm; applications are limited. Patients with pain may walk in on clinic days.
- A donation of $10.00 is requested for each clinic, each visit
- Need to Bring: proof of address, proof of income, and picture I.D., list of current medications, letter of Medi-Cal/Denti-Cal status.
- Restrictions: Clinic services are available ONLY for patients who do NOT have Denti-Cal or private insurance.
- Zip Code Restrictions: Only residents in the following areas are eligible; 91331, 91340, 91342, 91343, and 91345.
- Other Information: Basic services provided on a very limited basis.
Among the Dental Clinic activities MEND participates in is the California Dental Association Convention where Denise Sanchez, Dental Clinic Manager, met Lakers hall of famer James Worthy in 2013.