- October Services Calendar (PDF)
- Program Events Master Calendar for 2016 (PDF)
- Community Resource List (PDF)
MEND Center Hours
Tues. – Fri. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sat. Front desk 9 a.m. to 12 noon;
food donations accepted until 4 pm in the back of the building
clothing donations accepted until 5 pm Tuesday to Friday and until 12 pm on Saturdays
Tuesday: (Homeless services only) Breakfast 8:00- 10:00am, Lunch 11am – 1:30pm
Thursday: Breakfast 8:30–10:30 am, Lunch 11am–1:30pm
Friday: Breakfast 8:30–10:30 am, Lunch 11am – 1:30pm
Food Box Distribution:
Tuesday: (Homeless Services Only) 8:00am – 3:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 2:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 2:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am – Noon
Check with information desk for details. (Please bring your own shopping bags.)
Homeless Meal and Food Box Distribution:
Tuesday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
Satellite Food Banks:
Our Lady of Peace in North Hills
- 2nd & 4th Friday per month; 9AM – 11AM
St. Didacus Church in Sylmar
- 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month; 8AM – 10AM
Gratefully accepted at the MEND Center
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 8:00am – 4:00pm
For general inquiries on client services, please contact 818.686.7300
Food Justice and Sustainability Director
Food Packing Manager
Jesus de Santiago
Donation Pick-up Driver
General Hours of Operation
Tuesday – Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
Clothing Registration Hours
Tuesday – Friday: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm (Except Wed)
Saturday: 9:00 am – 11:00 am
Clothing Distribution Hours
Tuesday: 8 am – 2:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am – 1:30 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 1:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am – 11:30 am
For information on how to donate new and gently used clothing and household goods to the Clothing Center, please visit the Clothing Donations Accepted page.
- Due to special events, distribution days may change on Saturdays. Please call in advance to ensure we are open on this day.
- A donation of $5.00 is requested
- Please bring a picture ID (with proof of current address if ID address is not current)
- Clients can receive assistance once every 30 days (once monthly only).
- For more information please contact Veronica Soto at 818-686-7328 or email@example.com
Appointments MUST be made in person at the MEND Medical Clinic Tuesday through Friday 8 am – 5 pm
Wednesday: 9 am – noon
Thursday: 3 – 7 pm
First & third Friday of month: 1 – 5 pm
Second Saturday of month: 9 am – noon
First & third Wednesday: 3 – 7 pm
Second Wednesday: 8 am – noon
First & third Tuesday: 1 – 5 pm
First & third Tuesday: 9 am – noon
Thursday: 10:30 – 11:30 am
Tuesday: 2 – 5 pm
Adult Peer Counseling:
Wednesday: 12-3 pm
Thursday: 12-3 pm
Fitness and Exercise:
Thursday: 9:30 am, Health Education Room
Tuesday and Thursday: 11:00 am, Health Education Room
Eye Care Clinic:
Days & times vary;
Wednesday: 9 am – 5 pm
Thursday: 8 am – 5 pm
Plus other Tuesdays and Fridays. Call for dates.
- Clinic schedule varies. Dental registration is held Tuesday to Friday from 9 am – 12 pm; applications are limited. Patients with pain may walk in on clinic days.
- A donation of $10.00 is requested for each clinic, each visit
- Need to Bring: proof of address, proof of income, and picture I.D., list of current medications, letter of Medi-Cal/Denti-Cal status.
- Restrictions: Clinic services are available ONLY for patients who do NOT have Denti-Cal or private insurance.
- Zip Code Restrictions: Only residents in the following areas are eligible; 91331, 91340, 91342, 91343, and 91345.
- Other Information: Basic services provided on a very limited basis.