Medical and Eye Care Clinics
The only free clinic in the northeast San Fernando Valley, MEND provides basic ambulatory, hypertension, diabetic, vision, women’s acupuncture and chiropractic care to adults. Volunteer health professionals provide basic care to low-income patients who cannot afford health insurance.
- The Medical Clinic provides health education and exercise classes, including specialty clinics for diabetes, hypertension, women’s health, and healthy aging.
- The Eye Care Clinic is a collaboration between MEND, the Lions Club and Western University College of Optometry. It provides eye exams and free prescription glasses to adults and children.
- When more specialized care is needed, patients are referred to appropriate nearby facilities.
- Project LIFE, a Medical Clinic sub-program, is a combination of one-on-one peer health education services, workshops, a universal health education library, and other outreach activities for clients and volunteers.
- Approximately 48% of MEND’s patients suffer from diet-related illnesses. In response, MEND’s Diabetes Health Education Program and Perder Para Garnar (Weight Management Program) were recently launched with the goal of emphasizing the importance of living a healthy lifestyle to prevent health complications.
Powered By Volunteers
Our Medical and Eye Care Clinics are powered by volunteers. Internal Medicine residents from Kaiser Permanente and Northridge Medical Center do monthly rotations and several doctors, optometrists, nurse practitioners, and pharmacists generously donate their time and skills each month.
Medical Clinic Partners
The Medical Clinic is grateful for the assistance of its lead partners Access to Care Collaborative, Kaiser Permanente Woodland Hills Residency Program, Northridge Hospital Residency Program, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center, and Providence St. Joseph Medical Center, as well as that of the following organizations:
|Alzheimer's Association||Kaplan College||Providence St. Joseph Medical Center|
|American Diabetes Association||LA County Department of Health Services: OVMC||Providence St. Parish Nurses|
|Anderson Career College||LA County Department of Public Health, Nutrition Program||San Fernando Valley Optometric Society|
|California Dept of Public Health Champions for Change||LA County Department of Public Social Services: GAIN||SHP-PEP -Student Health Professional Pre-Entry Program|
|California State University Los Angeles School of Nursing||LA County Health Department||Southside Coalition of Community Health Centers|
|California State University Northridge||Latino Diabetes Association||Temple Ahavat Shalom|
|Center for the Partially Blind||Lions Clubs||UCLA Dept of Internal Medicine Community Health Program|
|Cesar Chavez Committee: Annual Festival & March||Mission Community Hospital: Project Alto||UCLA Dept of Nephrology SPRINT Study|
|College of the Canyons School of Nursing||Mt St. Mary's: School of Nursing||UCLA School of Nursing " Heart Stitches""|
|Community Clinic Association of LA County||National Kidney Foundation||USC School of Pharmacy Fraternity|
|Community Clinic Voice||National University School of health and Human Services||Valley Care/ Olive View Hospital|
|CSNAP||Network for a Healthy California- LA Region||Valley College of Medical Careers|
|Direct Relief||NEVHC||Valley Community Clinic|
|El Nido||Northridge Hospital||VCCC|
|Everest College||Occidental College||Vision y Compromiso|
|Friends of the Family||Pacoima Beautiful||West Coast Universtiy School of Nursing|
|Homeless Health Care L.A.||Pals for Health||Western University School of Optometry|
|Kaiser Permanente||Partners in Care||Worksource California: TSE Program|
|Kaiser Permanente Panorama City Health Education Dept||Platt College||Youth Policy Institute|
|Kaiser Permanente Woodland Hills Residency Program||Providence Holy Cross Medical Center|