How MEND Can Help
MEND offers food, clothing, medical, eye care, dental, multi-benefit screenings, and education and training services for those in need. If you need help and meet the eligibility requirements below, come to the MEND Center reception area during operating hours for an intake interview.
Please see service hours and guidelines for applicants below:
MEND’s Hours of Operation
MEND is closed Mondays as a cost saving measure.
MEND Center – San Fernando Road:
MEND Reception Desk (San Fernando Building)
- Tuesday – Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturday: Front desk 9 am to 12 noon;
MEND Education and Training Center – Van Nuys Boulevard:
ETC Reception Desk (Van Nuys Building):
- Tuesday – Thursday: 9:15 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:15 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Terms of Eligibility:
- All recipients of MEND services must have household incomes at or below the federal poverty guidelines (state guidelines for food). Also, clients must live in the MEND service area, which include: Pacoima, Arleta, Sylmar, Lake View Terrace, San Fernando, North Hills, and Mission Hills.
- MEND now serves Clients living in Sun Valley and Panorama City who meet the income guidelines — food and clothing assistance ONLY.
For more information please contact MEND reception at (818) 897-2443, or write