Proper dental care is critical in helping people live a life of dignity. The MEND Dental Clinic provides an invaluable service to the neediest in our underserved community.
- Nine state-of-the-art dental units.
- Cleanings, fillings, extractions, sealants, oral surgery, and some endodontic and implant procedures.
- Prosthodontic procedures such as dentures and crowns are also available.
- Fluoride treatments and dental screenings for children are provided twice a year.
- In collaboration with the San Fernando Valley Dental Society, the Dental Clinic also provides free dental screenings and fluoride treatment to about 400 children during the annual Give Kids a Smile event in February.
- An oral hygiene education program helps patients learn proper teeth brushing, use of floss, reduction of sugar intake and other healthy habits.
- Patients are provided with free toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, mouth rinse, appropriate educational literature, and any necessary medications.
Powered By Volunteers
Dental students from UCLA, Loma Linda University, Western Dental University in addition to other dentists, hygienists and other dental care professionals volunteer regularly at the clinic.
Interested in volunteering? Download the Volunteer Opportunities Brochure.
Dental Clinic Partners
The Dental Clinic is grateful for the assistance of its lead partners, Verizon, Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, West Los Angeles College Dental Hygiene Program, and the University of the Pacific Virtual Dental Home, as well as that of the following organizations:
- American Career College – ACC
- Burbank Kids Community Dental Clinic
- California Dental Association
- Concorde Career College
- In His Hands CPR
- Loma Linda University School of Dentistry
- San Fernando Valley Dental Assistant Society
- San Fernando Valley Dental Society
- UCLA School of Dentistry
- UEI College
- VCCC Oral Health Committee
- West Los Angeles College Dental Hygiene School
- Western University School of Dentistry