Job Training Program
MEND Job Training Program participants receive on-the-job training in one of 14 different career tracks, such as food services, retail, customer service, computer data entry, warehouse management, medical and dental assistance, and clerical services.
The Job Training Coordinator provides follow-up and monitors each participant’s progress. Through this program, job trainees learn how to:
- Meet employers’ expectations
- Communicate effectively in the workplace
- Work as part of a team
- Solve problems effectively,
- Learn customer service skills
- Dress appropriately for job interviews and the workplace.
Participants also receive training on completing job applications, building resumes, and practicing mock interviews. Through MEND’s Adult Education program, the participants can enroll in ESL and computer classes and obtain GED class referrals to enhance basic employment skills.
Job Training Program Partners
MEND is grateful to its current partners for enhancing our clients’ professionalism and skills:
- California State University Northridge Master of Social Work Program
- Los Angeles Valley College
- LA County Department of Public Social Services – GAIN Program
- Phillips Graduate Institute
- Vallarta Human Resources
For more information, contact Yolanda Anguiano at 818-686-7367 or Yolanda@mendpoverty.org
“My job training experience has been relatively satisfying. I enjoy working with different people of all walks of life. I found it very helpful that I got to take a computer skills course to learn and refresh Windows. Also, thanks to this program, I am now CPR certified. Last, there’s room to move between different departments based on skills a Job Training participant needs for further employment.”
Melissa Franklin, Clothing Center Volunteer