MEND Youth Services include a homework club, one-to-one tutoring, a Saturday Academy, and enrichment programs. The Saturday Academy focuses primarily on math, reading, science, and computer skills. All students are assessed and given individual learning plans. Progress is reflected in improved grades on their report cards. Enrichment activities include recreational activities, service in MEND’s community garden, youth workshops, podcasts and educational field trips.
The Youth Services Center includes a computer lab for students to complete their homework.
Families participate in back-to-school (Head to Toes) and Christmas events sponsored by churches in which students receive a complete outfit, school supplies, and toys from their Santa lists.
Powered by Volunteers
The MEND Youth Services program utilizes volunteers for tutoring, mentoring office administration and chaperoning.
Youth Services Partners
MEND’s Youth Services is grateful to the following organizations for their support and assistance:
- 2nd Chance 4 Kids Inc.
- 180 Degrees and Still Standing
- Bishop Alemany High School
- California School Age Consortium (CalSAC)
- CSUN Chicano/Chicana Studies
- CSUN Sociology Dept
- CSUN Psychology Dept
- Cil & Lilz Athletic Club
- Haddon Elementary Parent Center
- Junior League of Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Public Library
- Pacoima Elementary Parent Center
- St. Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church
View photos from the Youth Services Program on MEND’s Flickr account.